information. By accessing Pams website (the “Site”), any social media platforms managed/conducted by Pams, for
any reason whatsoever and in any manner whatsoever, as well as by engaging with Pams or utilsiing the services
provided by Pams, you agree that you have read, understand and accept the terms of this Policy.
1. Pam’s conducts its business as a holistic fitness provider, rendering services through the Site, social media platforms and at its studio situated a t 4 1 Gl e n a g l e s R o a d , Gr e e n s i d e, Johannesburg, South Africa.
2. Pams recognises the importance of your personal information as well as ensuring that such information remains private. Pams is committed to safeguarding and respecting your personal information in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”) and ensuring that the use of such information is lawful, reasonable and relevant to Pams bus ines s , solel y to ensure the improvement of services as well as the manner in
which the business is conducted.
3. This Policy explains how Pams collects, uses and processes your personal information as well as your rights in relation to such information.
4. In the event that you do not agree with any aspect of this Policy and/or the collection, use or processing of your personal information in terms of this Policy and/or by Pams, please do not continue to utilise the Site and/or engage with Pams.
6. Pams reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time and to publish such amended version of the Site.
7. Should you have any questions relating to this Policy, please contact Pams appointed Information Officer on 0836161061 or at the contact details listed on the Site.
2. Personal Information
In this Policy, the term “personal information” means private information about an identifiable living natural person or, where applicable, an identifiable existing juristic person. Personal information does not include information that does not identify you (including in instances where that information has been de-identified so that it does not identify a person).
2. Collection and Use
2.1. Pams collects your personal information in various instances, including when:
2.1.1. you provide any such information to Pams.
In such event, you confirm and warrant that the information provided by you is
true, accurate and correct as well as that such information is not intended to mislead and/or cause harm to any person;
2.1.2. such information is provided from third parties (such as regulators, government authorities or any person representing you);
2.1.3. you contact Pams requesting information regarding the business conducted by and/
or services rendered by Pams;
2.1.4. services are rendered by Pams to you;
2.1.5. you engage with Pams on the Site, through social media platforms and/or in any other manner that discloses your personal information.
2.2. Any interaction with Pams, either on the Site, through social media platforms and/or in any other manner that discloses your personal
information, will result in Pams collecting your personal information. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, contact details, the services you require and/ or the reason why you require such services
2.3. The collection of personal information by Pams enables Pams to render the services, ensures the improvement of the services and the continuous conduct of Pams business.
2.4. Pams services are not targeted at persons under the age of 18. In the event that services are rendered to children or information relating to children is provided to Pams, the processing of that information is conducted with the consent of the competent person related to such children.
2.5. You may:
2.5.1. at any time opt out of any communication received f rom Pams, whether by completion of a subscription form or other method. In such event, Pams cannot be held liable for being unable to provide services to you; and
2.5.2. at any time block all cookies on the Site, object to the processing of your personal information by Pams, request Pams to make a correction of your personal information, request access to your personal information as collected by Pams, request restriction on the procession of your personal information by Pams, withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information by Pams and/or request that Pams delete all of your personal information within its possession.
In such instance, Pams may, where permissible by law, refuse to do so.
third party sites.
3. Purpose for Processing
3.1. Pams may process your personal information
(i) to provide services to you, (ii) upon your consent to such utilisation, (iii) to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and (iv) if such processing is permissible by law.
3.2. The purposes for which Pams will process your personal information is, amongst others:
3.2.1. rendering its services to you;
3.2.2. marketing its services; and
3.2.3. communication with persons for Pams internal purposes, including enabling the internal operation of Pams.
4.1. Pams may release and/or disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances including, but not limited to:
4.1.1. enable Pams to render its services;
4.1.2. when required or authorised by law to do so, including by means of a court order; or
4.1.3. enable Pams to enforce its rights.
4.2. In the event that any of your personal information is disclosed to a party in a different country, that country’s laws may not protect your personal information in the same manner as required under POPIA. Pams will, in such event, take all reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of your personal information in other countries have appropriate privacy measures in place.
Pams will retain your personal information for a period reasonably necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected or for such period as is required by any applicable law.
3. Limitation of Liability
1. Pams has implemented all reasonable measures to ensure the protection of your personal information from any misuse, loss, unauthorised utilisation/disclosure/access and/or destruction.
2. Pams cannot guarantee the full security of your personal information and such information is provided at your sole risk.
Pams will not be held liable for any misuse, loss, unauthorised utilisation/disclosure/access and/or destruction of your personal
information unless caused by the gross negligence and willful misconduct of Pams.
3. This Policy has been prepared in accordance with POPIA. For this reason, this Policy must be read in such a manner that it ensures compliance with POPIA as well as any other applicable laws, including, but not limited to
the Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008.
To the extent that there is any conflict between this Policy and any applicable law, the applicable law will prevail.
4. You agree that this Policy and/or any dispute arising in relation hereto, is governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa.
5. Any failure by Pams to enforce its rights or any provision of this Policy, should not be deemed to be a waiver of such rights or provision.
6. Pams cannot guarantee the full security of your personal information and such information is provided at your sole risk. Pams will not be held liable for any misuse, loss, unauthorised utilisation/disclosure/access and/or destruction of your personal information unless caused by the negligent
and willful misconduct of Pams.